Top 3 Fire Hazards in Branford Homes
A fire in your home is one of the scariest things imaginable. At SERVPRO of Branford / Shoreline, we help home owners recover from the disastrous effects of fires daily. However, if you’re careful and avoid these common fire hazards, you won’t ever have to face a fire disaster on your property.
Though candles are wonderful to have around the house, they can also be quite dangerous. If you choose to burn candles in your home, make sure to keep them away from flammable items. Always be sure to put out the candles before leaving your house or going to bed.
A sneaky culprit of home fires is clogged dryer vents. Many homeowners don’t ever think to get their vents cleaned out. However, as lint gathers, the vents get clogged, heat builds and lint catches fire easily. Make sure to get your dryer vents cleaned regularly to avoid disaster.
Though many homeowners already know, grease fires are a common cause of larger kitchen fires. Grease from foods like bacon gets hot very quickly - if left alone, even for only a minute or two, a fire can quickly ignite. Be sure to watch the pan when cooking with grease and always have a fire extinguisher in your home.
Hopefully, you won’t ever have to deal with a fire in your home. If disaster strikes, call the experts at SERVPRO of Branford / Shoreline and we can make your fire disaster “Like it never even happened.”