Puffback Cleanup & Restoration in Guilford, CT
When fuel builds up in the combustion chamber of your furnace and causes a misfire that sends soot and smoke throughout your home, you're dealing with a puffback.
While you may want to begin cleaning yourself, the sticky, black soot and smoke residues are a tremendous challenge to clean.
For professional furnace puffback cleanup services in Guilford, CT call the fire and smoke damage restoration specialists at SERVPRO of Branford/Shoreline.
Call Our Office 24/7 For Immediate Assistance - 800-734-3213
Professional Puffback Cleaning in Guilford, CT
We Work With All Insurance Companies
We Handle The Insurance Process
With over 15 years of experience with puffback cleanup in Guilford, CT and the surrounding areas, you can trust SERVPRO of Branford/Shoreline to return your home to pre-damage conditions.
Our IICRC Certified fire damage restoration specialists have all the training, experience, and equipment needed to provide expert puffback cleanup services in Guilford, CT.
Furnace puff backs actually require the same cleaning and restoration methods as a house fire, one of the top specialties for SERVPRO of Branford/Shoreline.
Our team will work directly with your insurance company to submit all needed estimates, paperwork, photographs, and more. This is all in an effort to make the restoration process easier for you.
Our goal is to quickly restore your home or business back to pre-damage conditions after a furnace puffback. When you use SERVPRO of Branford/Shoreline for puffback cleanup in Guilford, CT, our team will make the damage "Like it never even happened."
Can You Clean Puffback Soot Yourself?
After a puffback occurs in your home, smoke and soot can cover virtually every surface. Many homeowners try to clean soot from a puff back themselves, but you shouldn't.
In fact, trying to cleanup smoke and soot damage yourself can make the problem worse.
- Scrubbing walls damaged by smoke and soot can embed it further
- Using improper chemicals or cleaning solutions on soot damage can make it harder for professionals to clean it later, increasing time and cost of restoration
- Without the proper materials, equipment, or techniques - Smoke and soot particles will not be taken out of the air, continuing the problem over time
- Homeowners may throw away fabrics or soft materials that could've been salvaged by a professional fire and smoke restoration service
What To Do After A Puffback
- File an insurance claim
- Contact a local HVAC professional to repair your heating system
- Call SERVPRO of Branford/Shoreline for puffback cleaning services
- Do not use your heating system until it has been repaired and cleaned
Puffback Cleanup Services in Guilford
SERVPRO of Branford/Shoreline can handle all soot and smoke damage cleanup in Guilford after a furnace puff back in your home. When our puff back cleaning team arrives on site, they will immediately begin the following services:
- Isolate affected areas to prevent the further spread of soot particles
- Install air scrubbers to remove all soot and smoke particles from the air, aid in deodorization
- Soot cleaning of walls, ceilings, and floors using dry chemical sponges and SERVPRO of Branford/Shoreline's specialized cleaning solutions
- Odor removal
- Duct cleaning to remove all smoke and soot residues from the heating system
- Content cleaning and restoration services
- Demolition (As needed)
- Painting & restoration by our construction division (As needed)