Puffback Cleanup & Restoration in Guilford, CT
When fuel builds up in the combustion chamber of your furnace and causes a misfire that sends soot and smoke throughout your home, you're dealing with a puffback. While you may want to begin cleaning yourself, the sticky, black soot and smoke residues are a tremendous challenge to clean.
For professional furnace puffback cleanup services in Guilford, call the fire and smoke damage restoration specialists at SERVPRO of Branford/Shoreline for 24/7 assistance.
Can You Clean Puffback Soot Yourself?
After a puffback occurs in your home, smoke and soot can cover virtually every surface. Many homeowners try to clean soot from a puff back, but you shouldn't. In fact, trying to cleanup smoke and soot damage yourself can make the problem worse.
- Scrubbing walls damaged by smoke and soot can embed it further
- Using improper chemicals or cleaning solutions on soot damage can make it harder for professionals to clean it later, increasing time and cost of restoration
- Without the proper materials, equipment, or techniques - Smoke and soot particles will not be taken out of the air, continuing the problem over time
- Homeowners may throw away fabrics or soft materials that could've been salvaged by a professional fire and smoke restoration service
What To Do After A Puffback
- File an insurance claim
- Contact a local HVAC professional to repair your heating system
- Call SERVPRO of Branford/Shoreline for puffback cleaning services
- Do not use your heating system until it has been repaired and cleaned
Puffback Cleanup Services
SERVPRO of Branford/Shoreline can handle all soot and smoke damage cleanup after a furnace puff back in your Guilford home. When our puffback cleanup team arrives on site, they will immediately begin the following services:
- Isolate affected areas to prevent the further spread of soot particles
- Install air scrubbers to remove all soot and smoke particles from the air, aid in deodorization
- Soot cleaning of walls, ceilings, and floors using dry chemical sponges and SERVPRO of Branford/Shoreline's specialized cleaning solutions
- Odor removal
- Duct cleaning to remove all smoke and soot residues from the heating system
- Content cleaning and restoration services
- Demolition (As needed)
- Painting & restoration by our construction division (As needed)