Frozen and Burst Pipe Water Damage Restoration in Guilford, CT
When winter arrives in Connecticut, Guilford residents are used to cold temperatures. Unfortunately when temperatures dip low enough, water inside your pipes can freeze, expand and cause the pipe to burst or rupture. When not immediately caught, a frozen pipe can flood your entire property and cause extensive water damage.
When Frozen Pipes Burst In Guilford, Call SERVPRO of Branford/Shoreline For 24/7 Emergency Water Damage Restoration Services
As your local water damage restoration company serving Guilford, Branford and surrounding cities, our team of water damage specialists can immediately respond to your burst pipe call.
We rapidly remove water and begin the drying process in your home or business after a frozen pipe breaks or bursts. Our fast response is essential to prevent mold growth and structural deterioration after water leaks or flooding.
- We Handle the Insurance Process
- Highly Trained Burst Pipe Cleanup Specialists
- "Like it never even happened."
What To Do When A Frozen Pipe Bursts
When pipes freeze in your Guilford home, you may notice banging or clanging noises inside of your walls, caused by water suddenly expanding into ice. You may or may not hear water flowing immediately after, as the ice may prevent the broken pipe from leaking.
When you know a pipe is frozen, you should:
- Turn off the main water supply. This should be done immediately to prevent extensive damages when the frozen water pipe begins to leak.
- Take steps to unfreeze the pipe. The best way to unfreeze a pipe is to call a plumber. While there are many DIY methods, it's possible they can still result in the pipe breaking and flooding your home.
If the ice in the pipe is thawed and water is actively flowing into your home, you should:
- Immediate turn off the main water. If you cannot do this without entering floodwaters, you should contact your plumber and possibly an electrician to avoid electrocution.
- Follow the sound of the running water. This can help you better contain damages.
- Move items. You should move any wet or valuable items out of areas that could be affected by water.
- Immediately call SERVPRO of Branford/Shoreline. Our team is on standby 24 hours a day - you can always expect to speak with a real person about your water emergency. Our team can immediately dispatch and arrive at your Guilford home or business within 2 hours.
Causes of Leaking, Frozen, or Burst Pipes
- Lack of insulation
- Corroded pipes, regular wear and tear
- Heating system isn't on during cold weather
- Pipe is damaged by a contractor
Our Frozen and Burst Pipe Restoration Cleanup Services in Connecticut
After your burst pipe leak has been stopped, you can trust SERVPRO of Branford/Shoreline to handle all your water damage repair needs in Guilford, Branford, and the surrounding cities.
24/7 Emergency Flood Cleanup & Drying
Our team rapidly responds to your burst pipe emergency in Guilford to provide immediate water removal and takes steps to prevent a mold infestation in your property. SERVPRO of Branford/Shoreline utilizes industrial-grade drying and dehumidification equipment to quickly dry out wet materials.
Depending on the extent of water damage, building materials like floors, carpeting, or drywall may need to be removed to facilitate drying and cleaning. Immediately starting the drying process after a pipe breaks can often prevent mold from forming.
Complete Burst Pipe Restoration Services
Once all standing water is cleaned up and your property has been dried out, there's still the matter of restoring your home or business to pre-damage conditions. The in-house construction team at SERVPRO of Branford/Shoreline can seamlessly take over to make any needed repairs to your home after burst pipe water damage.
Help With Insurance
Connecticut homeowners with frozen or broken pipes can be happy to hear that they're covered by homeowner's insurance. SERVPRO of Branford/Shoreline handles the insurance process for you, directly dealing with your insurance company. This helps to make a stressful situation just a little easier for you.