Commercial Fire Safety in branford CT
Commercial fire is one of the common issue during this summer. Smoke alarms are a key part of a commercial as well as residential fire escape plan. When there is a fire, smoke spreads fast. Working smoke alarms give you early warning so you can get outside quickly
- Install smoke alarms in every room. They should also be outside each area and on every level of the building. Install alarms in the basement.
- Large commercial property may need extra smoke alarms.
- It is best to use interconnected smoke alarms. When one smoke alarm sounds, they all sound.
- Test all smoke alarms at least once a month. Press the test button to be sure the alarm is working.
- Current alarms on the market employ different types of technology including multi-sensing, which could include smoke and carbon monoxide combined.
- Today’s smoke alarms will be more technologically advanced to respond to a multitude of fire conditions, yet mitigate false alarms.
- A smoke alarm should be on the ceiling or high on a wall.
- People who are hard-of-hearing or deaf can use special alarms. These alarms have strobe lights and bed shakers.
- Replace all smoke alarms when they are 10 years old.
Please refer to our Fire Damage Tips - Until Help Arrives Guide and follow these tips to protect yourself and your property.